Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chapter 22 of The Life of Pi

Chapter 22 of The Life of Pi

"I can imagine an atheist's last words: "White, white! L-L-Love! My God!" - and the deathbed leap of faith. Whereas the agnostic, if he stays true to his reasonable self, if he stays beholden to the dry, yeastless factuality, might try to explain the warm light bathing him by saying, "possibly a f-f-failing oxygenation of the b-b-brain," and, to the very end, lack imagination and miss the better story. "
-Yann Martel 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book...and the end had me totally stupefied (which, therefore, makes it the best kind of book, no?)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book will always be on my bookshelf. After reading it the first time, I had to re-read it almost immediately because of that ending!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comments here, but be nice or I will delete them!