Sunday, July 1, 2012

Guillevic

In 2007 (according to my journal), I discovered the French poet Eugène Guillevic. He isn't very well-known in the States, so it's tough to find translated works.  I wish I had known this at the time, for I was reading a randomly selected encyclopedia of poetry, passing time between classes.  Luckily, I wrote a couple of his poems in my journal.

Heartbeat 
Not a wing, not a bird, no wind, but night,
only the pulsing of soundlessness
Gulls:
   Life for them is hunger,
   vast spaces of hunger
   and time to cry out space
   through their hunger,
   to drift with the sea,
   to curse the sea
   that will set bounds
   to space and hunger. 

seagull florida
 Florida gull.


Scalene Triangle
Good for dancing,
Twirling
On my base, on my tip,
On my sides, my other angles
It’s that I’m always
Agitated, pulled,
By the angles, by the sides
Put together by chance
Without equality.
Isosceles Triangle
I’ve succeeded in putting
Myself in a little order,
I tend to please myself. 
Equilateral Triangle
I’ve gone too far
In my concern for order
Nothing can come any more

trikonasana triangle pose
Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
(Source)


And, straight from my journal...

guillevic - eternity
I was also a professional artist in college.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments here, but be nice or I will delete them!