Sunday, January 20, 2013

Updated List of Books I'm Reading (with More Books!)

Last weekend, almost everybody that I hang out with was out of town.  At first, I was kind of bummed out about it but I took advantage of my free time.  I went through my apartment and donated about 1/3rd of the stuff I had.  

I also reorganized my bookshelf and found more books with bookmarks.  So, here's an update:

1.  Wind, Sand & Stars, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
2. The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
3. The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway*
4. A Farewell to Arms, Ernest Hemingway*
5. The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien*
6. Under the Banner of Heaven, Jon Krakauer
7. The Nigger of the 'Narcissus': A Tale of the Sea, Joseph Conrad
8. Afterwards, You're a Genius, Chip Brown
9. Fire in the Mind: Science, Faith, and the Search for Order, George Johnson
10. The God Theory: Universes, Zero-Point Fields and What's Behind It All, Bernard Haisch
11. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life, Barbara Kingsolver
12. Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy
13. One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel García Márquez*

14. The Abolition of Man, C.S. Lewis
15. Tortilla Flat, John Steinbeck
16. The Elegant Universe, Brian Greene
17. Celebrity, Laphram's Quarterly Volume IV Number I
18. Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, Chuck Klosterman

I am actually pretty excited to finish all of these books.  I rearranged my bookshelves in such a way that my main shelf is color-coordinated (an idea I picked up from Kadin's sister) and the bookshelf next to my bed has a row of unfinished books, in the order I would like to read them.  


lord of the rings
My "new" bookshelf! I am so proud of this.
One thing I am constantly working on in my life is making the effort to follow through.  This book project is kind of a huge deal for me... a big step toward being more focused.  So, I am going to try to not be discouraged that my list became 50% longer!

"It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through." - Zig Ziglar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments here, but be nice or I will delete them!