Thursday, January 24, 2013

Why I Love Apple Cider Vinegar

After the amazing Southern New Mexico adventure, I came home covered in hives.  I speculated it was due to the diet and accommodations from our trip. However, after the hives went away I broke out in a rash that I am pretty sure was eczema, something I used to get quite a bit when I was younger.

Because of this, I began taking about an ounce of organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar.  I was only thinking about clearing up my rash (which went away pretty quickly) but I have noticed a bunch of amazing benefits, such as clear skin, strong nails and slightly longer eyelashes. 

Here's an extensive list of the benefits of ingesting unfiltered apple cider vinegar: 

  • Clears up your skin - acne, rashes, hives, etc.
  • Balances your body's PH, which helps with digestion and heartburn
  • Acts as an appetite suppressant
  • Improves the condition of hair and nails
  • Wards of colds, stuffy noses and sore throats
  • Helps reduce LDL (bad cholesterol)
  • Prevents muscle fatigue after exercise & increases stamina
  • Breaks down fats
  • Lowers glucose levels
  • Fights off allergies
  • Increases energy
  • Whitens teeth
  • Reduces bloating and cramps
  • Reduces joint stiffness and pain
  • Anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal
  • Removes toxins from the body
  • It could lower blood pressure and the risk of heart disease, and potentially kill cancer cells

I fill half a shot glass with vinegar, then add a splash of water.  I also take it with about 5 - 8 ounces of water.  It tastes really, really bad.  But it is so, so good for me that I actually have begun to look forward to my twice-daily dose.  I do it once in the morning and once in the evening, preferably before eating.  You can also mix in honey (try raw, unfiltered) but I cannot due to do my strict meal plan prescribed from a holistic doctor. (I might add that not eating peanut butter is pure torture.)

I suggest you try it for a week or two just to see if it does anything for you.  I think it might.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” Hippocrates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments here, but be nice or I will delete them!